Boy’s Arby’s Sandwich Contains Employee’s Severed Finger
When 14 year old Ryan Hart bit down on his Arby’s junior roast beef sandwich last week, he had to spit out something hard and rubbery.
He almost lost his lunch when he examined it more closely because it turned out to be the severed pad of an finger which an employee working the meat slicer at the restaurant had lost in a mishap earlier in the day.
Hart told the Jackson Citizen Patriot on Wednesday that once he got a good look at it, he knew right away what had been in the junior roast beef sandwich he was eating last Friday.
“I was like, ‘That [has] to be a finger,’” Hart said. “I was about to puke. … It was just nasty.”
Local health officials gave the restaurant permission to remain open because they certified that the meat slicer involved in the accident was totally sanitized after the employee admitted what had happened.
John Gray, a spokesman for the Arby’s fast food chain apologized for what it called an “unfortunate” incident, but Hart’s outraged mother says she is considering taking legal action against Arby’s for negligence.
He said Arby’s is still investigating but has determined that the Jackson workers shut down food production as soon as they found out what happened and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized the restaurant.
The injured employee was treated at a hospital. Gray said the franchise has fully cooperated with health officials and was given the approval to remain open.