Microwaving Socks Leads to House Fire
It seems like common sense: food goes in the microwave while wet clothes go in the dryer.
This escaped a British man who set fire to his apartment while attempting to dry socks and underwear using his microwave. That’s right, his microwave.
Luckily, for this man, firefighters were able to save him and his apartment from the blaze, reports NDTV.
According to the Dorset Fire and Rescue Service, the man’s microwave was destroyed and the apartment sustained smoke damage, but the fire was contained.
Firefighters were quick to note that clothing should never go in a microwave. As for the socks and underwear, they burned with the microwave.
“The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them,” the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.