Stourbridge stabbing leaves mother and son dead

Stourbridge stabbing A mum and her son were killed in the stabbing
Stourbridge stabbing A mum and her son were killed in the stabbing
According to media reports Thrusday, a woman and her son have died after a stabbing at their home in Greyhound Lane, Norton in Durham.

Police are still on the scene for their investigation.

As reported by the BBC, West Midlands Police say there was nothing that could be done to save the woman, named locally as Tracey Wilkinson – who is understood to be in her 50s, and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

The woman’s 13-year-old son suffered critical stab injuries and was later pronounced dead at hospital.

A man in his 20s was subsequently arrested in connection with the incident after allegedly stealing a Land Rover.

The driver, who is understood to be known to the family but not a relative, allegedly crashed the 4×4 before being arrested by police.

The family were named locally as company director Peter Wilkinson, 47, and his wife Tracey, 50.

Mr Wilkinson, who is a company director for a firm that manufactures safety barriers, remains in hospital with stab wounds to his chest and back.

Neighbours said the couple, who also have a daughter who is away at university, were a “nice normal family”.

A couple who lived a few doors down told how they used to see Mr Wilkinson walking his dog.

A man, who didn’t want to be named, added: “Peter and Tracey have lived there for about seven or eight years.

“They’ve got a son who is 13 and a daughter who is in her first year at Bristol university.

“We know them to talk to and say hello to. We would see Peter walking his greyhound along the road and he would always stop to talk.

“They were a nice, normal family. They were lovely.”

Superintendent Lee Kendrick, from West Midlands Police, said the woman and boy were found inside the property while the man was found collapsed in the back garden.

Speaking at a press conference at the scene he also confirmed two police officers had been injured.

He said: “What has unfolded here today is truly horrific and heartbreaking. “Police and ambulance were called to an address in Greyhound Lane just after 8am.

“Officers and paramedics were confronted with an awful scene. A man, a woman and a 13-year-old boy were found all with very serious stab injuries.

“They are believed to have been inflicted by a man known to the family but not a family relative.

“Tragically there was nothing that could be done to save the woman and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

“The boy was taken to hospital but sadly nothing could be done to save him and he later died at the hospital. The man is in a critical but stable condition. The victims are all from the same family, a mum, a dad and a son.

Mr Kendrick went on: “The family car was stolen and our officers intercepted that car at around 8.30am in Norton Road.

“Despite being rammed by the vehicle they managed to get the driver and detain him and arrest him on suspicion of murder.

“Clearly our investigation is at a very early stage but we do believe the suspect was known to the family and we do not think this was a burglary or robbery.

“We have specialist teams of officers working with the family at this tragic time.”

The officer said the suspect was known to police and they were trying to establish the nature of his relationship with the family.

He added: “We received a call from here (the property), I’m not at liberty to say who that was at this time.

“There’s no obvious sign of forced entry. Early enquiries would suggest the offender was known to the victims.

“We are exploring the nature of that relationship. The offender is not a family member.

“He is known to the police. At this moment in time it’s too early to release details of any previous dealings he’s had with West Midlands Police.

“The two officers have returned to their station. They have minor injuries.”

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of ambulance staff it became apparent at the scene that nothing could be done to save the woman and she was confirmed deceased.

“The teenage boy was found to be in cardiac arrest and received specialist trauma care and advanced life support from our staff.

“He was taken on blue lights to Birmingham Children’s Hospital with treatment continuing en route.

“Sadly, shortly after arrival in A&E and despite the best efforts of ambulance staff and hospital medics, he could not be saved and he was also confirmed dead.

“The man, who was conscious, was also in a serious condition as a result of his stab wounds and was alerted in to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham by land ambulance.”

Share This Post: