Connect with us


Woman Gets Badly Burned in Toilet Explosion



Barcelona, Spain - It was supposed to be a moment of respite when a woman visited a local bar in the city's Gothic quarter. During her visit, she took a moment for a nature call in the female restroom. Once seated on the toilet inside a cubicle, she flipped the light switched and the toilet exploded.

The unidentified woman survived the blast but suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her legs. Doctors have told her she would have to endure skin grafts in order to have the wounds fully heal. Now, it is reported she hired a lawyer and is seeking compensation against the bar's owners. No one can fault her for doing so. The operation was costly and she may very well have incurred lost wages. In addition, she would need personal care during her recovery.

Police believe the explosion was caused by a buildup of methane gas in the restroom. They cite the fact that there was both poor ventilation in the cubicle and unsanitary conditions for the accumulation of the combustive gas. Unfortunately for the woman, the fact that she was sitting down at the time of the explosion further compressed the methane gas resulting in a more forceful blast.


Jason is a native of Calgary but now spends his days on the East Coast in Port aux Basques, Newfoundland.

Jason has been working part-time for eCanadaNow since 2010.Jason mostly covers sci/tech stories as well as entertainment news.

Prior to his work writing and editing for eCanadaNow, he worked in sales and marketing.


Toronto Police Discover Underground Tunnel



Continue Reading

Advertiser Disclosure: ECanadaNow is committed to rigorous editorial standards to provide our readers with accurate information. We may receive compensation when you click on links to products we reviewed.