NHL 14 Preps Hockey Fans For Upcoming Season
[caption id="attachment_69957" align="aligncenter" width="500"] NHL 14 Preps Hockey Fans For Upcoming Season[/caption]NHL 14 Out In Stores
Over four million gamers have played the NHL 14 demo since its release on August 20th, so it is pretty likely that millions of gamers are busy playing the full version today given it is now officially in stores. It is available on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and is easily one of EA Sports largest hit franchises. Fittingly, this is also the 20th anniversary of the cutting edge hockey game.
Included in the new NHL 14 are a few nostalgic quirks for fans of the franchise and retro gamers such as star shaped indicators for the players, blue ice, and organ music. These are all accessible if a user chooses to play the NHL 94 Anniversary Mode which has been included in the title.
Of course, of most interest to players will be the many new modes and features that are now available in NHL 14 such as one-touch dekes which allows for a much better deking system via one button and the left stick or the true performance skating technology that allows for better first strides, quicker acceleration, and much better response time of players via fast pivots and lateral skating enhancements. These are just a few of the many improvements to watch out for.
New features and modes include:
- True Performance Skating - Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and more than 1000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.
- One-Touch Dekes - Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled simply with the left stick and one-button. From beginners to advanced players, the new controls allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.
- Live the Life Mode - The evolution of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can now truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.
- NHL 94 Anniversary Mode - A new way to get into old-school NHL action. EA SPORTS celebrates one of the most iconic entries in the NHL franchise with the inclusion of NHL 94 Anniversary Mode. Built within the NHL 14 game engine, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode has big goals, bigger hits and takes fun to a whole new level. The mode also offers nods to its hockey video gaming roots through a retro presentation style including blue ice, classic star-shaped player indicators, organ music and much more.
- NHL® Collision Physics - Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFATM's critically-acclaimedPlayer Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler than ever.
- Enforcer Engine - Powered by EA SPORTS Fight Night® technology, the Enforcer Engine brings an all-new 3rd-person presentation where every player on the ice is LIVE! Now, you and your linemates (human or CPU) interact from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. Fight Night technology delivers, for the first in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying fighting experience yet.
- HUT & EASHL Online Seasons* - The Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) is the most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL. NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to HUT & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.
On The Web:
Electronic Arts Inc. : Award-Winning EA SPORTS NHL 14 in Stores Now
Award-Winning EA SPORTS NHL 14 in Stores Now
NHL14 hits retail stores today