[caption id="attachment_70338" align="aligncenter" width="300"] GTA Online Goes Live[/caption]
Ahh who saw this coming (EVERYONE that's who)? Grad Theft Auto online went live this morning accoss Canada and most other parts of the globe. Around 7:00am (EST) twiiter started trending with the people compaining about Grand Theft Auto Servers bing down.
"GTA Online should be live now... Demand is high!" PlayStation Europe warned via tweet when the downloadable title updates enabling the mode rolled out.
Indeed, Rockstar's support site lists six distinct issues players are running into, including unavailable servers, freezing when joining online game sessions, hosting failures, and matchmaking timeouts. The support site's "trending questions" page is currently glutted with disgruntled fans, some of whom are calling it the "worst online launch ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (yes, those exclamation points are in the original).
"We are working around the clock to buy and add more servers, but this increased scale is only going to make the first few days even more temperamental than such things usually are," said a company spokesperson.
have you been having trouble with Grand Theft Auto Servers?
The Best Game of 2013 Gets Better. GTA V Online Is Now Live!
A few weeks after the release of the most anticipated game of 2013, Grand Theft Auto V is finally ready to go live online. Since the game released on September 17th, it has set records and drawn critical responses as a fantastic addition to one of the best selling game franchises of all time. And with the online mode now live, gamers are in for an entirely new experience.
With the online mode in GTA V, gamers will be able to team up and wreak havoc on Los Santos with their friends. Because this is a new feature that has never been seen before, it’s a new experience that you may be unfamiliar with. Here are some things that you can expect to see now that GTA V online is available.
You can take advantage of the massive open world of GTA and participate in any of the activities that you find in single player mode. This includes golf, mountain biking, watching a movie and much more. If you have been playing these game modes for the last few weeks and enjoying them on your own, you will only like them better once you team up with other players.
Rockstar studios, the company that develops Grand Theft Auto, has stated that it will work diligently to make sure that the GTA V online experience remains something that fans will enjoy during their experience. You can expect to have real-time updates and advanced features available as more additions are made to the game.
GTA V online is available now on your Xbox or PlayStation and can be accessed through the D-pad on your controller.
From the Rockstar blog:
Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V. On October 1st there will be a small downloadable Title Update released on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Upon installation of that Title Update, direct access to begin GTA Online will be unlocked in your GTAV game menu. You will be able to jump right into GTA Online via the 4th (bottom) slot in your GTAV character wheel. We’ve received many questions asking for a specific confirmation of what exact time GTA Online will be available but of course this is contingent on both Title Updates becoming available on each console’s network. As a general timeframe, we do expect the Title Update to become available on PSN and Xbox LIVE starting around 7AM ET tomorrow morning, and your best bet is to stay tuned throughout the day here at the Rockstar Newswire and by following us on Twitter and Facebook where we will be keeping everyone updated.
Here's what you need to know about GTA Online:
- You can't shoot up other peoples' homes: "in order to prevent some really annoying “griefing”, we’ve designed house party invitations specifically to be a friendly social affair where players can visit each other’s pads without fear of having them ruined or losing their hard-earned vehicles in the process. If someone invites you into their property, then it is considered a friendly visit and you will not be able to shoot up their place or steal their cars from their garage."
- You can't buy your way to success: "To allay some concerns we’ve heard on this subject, we can assure you that the game is designed such that the option of purchasable GTA should not disrupt the playing field – and there are a few mechanics in place to help ensure that. All players still have to rank up with Reputation Points (RP) in order to get access to purchase high-end items. No one can begin GTA Online and simply spend a lot of money out of the gate to get a leg up."
- You're going to help build it: "There will be a massive amount of Jobs available to play over time as we will be regularly adding new ones for you to enjoy. Additionally, you will soon be helping to add content to the game world yourselves, by creating custom Race and Deathmatch Jobs through the Content Creator tool which we plan to release this fall. Grand Theft Auto Online is a collaborative project between Rockstar and all GTA players worldwide, so expect that we’ll effectively be working on it together from day one."
- You can design every important aspect of your character - including how insane they are: "Choose your gender then decide on your mother and father. From there, you can choose to give one parent genetic dominance or leave them more evenly matched. The choice is yours. Next, you adjust a set of lifestyle variables which help determine your character’s appearance and starting stats. Decide how much sleep he/she gets, how much partying they indulge in, how much honest work versus illegal activity, and more. Essentially, you can adjust the genetics to wind up with a fresh faced lad or lass or a grizzled, haggard degenerate or anywhere in between!"
- 'Social Club' members get benefits you might not: "Social Club members get access to weaponry and vehicular unlocks, a whole new suite of Crew features to represent and coordinate with your squad, and special tools to get the most out of Rockstar Jobs and user-created Jobs when the Content Creator tool launches this fall."
On The Web:
Rockstar Divulges Grand Theft Auto Online Details, Sets Launch Time
GTA Online Goes Live