[caption id="attachment_76953" align="aligncenter" width="450"] Canadians See 3 UFO's A Day: 2013 Canadian UFO Survey
Scientist Discover More Life Hospitable Planets Than Previously Imagined
Canadians See 3 UFO's A Day: 2013 Canadian UFO Survey
According to an annual survey, 1,180 UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) were seen over Canada last year, down from nearly 2,000 sightings in 2012, but still an impressive overall number of accounts.
Recent increases in UFO sightings are attributed to the ease of making reports them through the Internet, in addition to an increase of general interest in space and related topics. Very few reports include any encounters with alien life forms; however, each year there are several reports of abductions or similar circumstances, although the credibility of such is often questionable. Sightings of UFOs themselves are often made by people of good judgement and steady character, including people from many vocations and walks of life.
In terms of the sightings themselves, the 2013 observations were most often in the form of lights in the sky at night or of a star-like shape that lingered for an average of about 13 minutes. More unusual sightings were reported as well with many resembling spacecraft.
In one such case, two children in Musquodoboit, N.S. witnessed what they later described as a flying hotel. The object appeared to them as an extremely large structure that included protrusions and windows, flying overhead.
Ufology Research, based in Winnipeg, has compiled data on all kinds of UFO sightings since 1989, when they numbered less than 150 nationwide. To date, the organization has collected some 13,786 reports.
The 2013 Canadian UFO Survey: Summary of Results
- There were 1,180 UFO sightings reported in Canada in 2013, or about three each day.
- The number of cases in 2013 is the second-highest number of UFO sightings recorded in Canada during the last 25 years.
- The 1,180 UFO cases reported in 2013 is much less than the peak year of 2012, when almost 2,000 reports were recorded. We suspect this was an anomaly, and likely due to many people excited about the so-called “end of the world” in 2012 according to the Mayan Calendar.
- In 2013, Ontario had more than 40 per cent of all Canadian UFO reports.
- In 2013, about 14 per cent of all UFO reports were classified as unexplained.
- The typical UFO sighting lasted approximately 13 minutes in 2013.
Global News - http://globalnews.ca/news/1202634/about-1100-ufos-spotted-last-year-survey/
Winnipeg Free Press - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/ufo-sightings-taking-off-across-the-country-249682271.html